Thursday, December 7, 2017

FUSION - Blue Gift~Brightly Lit Christmas

 I made this card using my Brightly Lit Christmas set from stampin up.  I'm going to submit this card to: Fusion Card Challenge
I had a difficult time with stamping that lamp post today.  I even tried to use a piece of packing material/like a mouse pad to give it some cushion, but it just didn't want to stamp nicely at all.  BUT I did not give up, so this is the best one I got out of about 10 tries.  I then cut it out and colored in the soft glow of a light.  It represents the vertical line on the fusion challenge.. the horizontal line I forgot about, so I then quickly went back to slip some sparkle twine behind the lamp post, which meant that I had to had some little embellishment, aww~ the jingle bells.  They are so super cute and just the right touch for this card.   I wish I could have lowered the twine on the card, so it would go behind the presents too, but they were glued on mighty strong and I didn't want to ruin the card.   I fussy cut out all the elements.  I try to same money and not by matching dies, but sometimes I think it would be very nice to have them. 
I thought I'd share a picture of our little tree like I promised yesterday.  It's not much but we love it.  It's all I can do for now. 
 I must start working on mailing out Christmas cards today. 
I have received 2 already, and they are showcased on the door frame.  I will post a picture of that when it gets full.  (hopefully it will)  I love getting cards 💖
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Please sign up and follow my blog.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping. 
Image result for Tis the season images

4 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! Love those sweet packages! And your tree is lovely! Merry Christmas and thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute lamp post. You did a great job on this challenge. Your presents are so cute! Sometimes, if the stamp is new try lightly sanding it, or I have had luck by first stamping is in Versamark and then whatever enk you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love victorian lamp post especially as a focal point on a Christmas card and this is really pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you persevered with the light post; it's lovely, especially paired with the presents and bells! Thank you for sharing this gem in the FUSION gallery! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~